martes, 6 de enero de 2009

Like a friend

Don't bother saying you're sorry.
Why don't you come in?
Smoke all my cigarettes - again.
Every time I get no further.
How long has it been?
Come on in now,
Wipe your feet on my dreams.

You take up my time,
Like some cheap magazine,
When I could have been learning something.
Oh well, you know what I mean.

I've done this before.
And I will do it again.
Come on and kill me baby,
while you smile like a friend.
And I'll come running,
Just to do it again.

You are the last drink I never should have drunk.
You are the body hidden in the trunk.
You are the habit I can't seem to kick.
You are my secrets on the front page every week.
You are the car I never should have bought.
You are the train I never should have caught.
You are the cut that makes me hide my face.
You are the party that makes me feel my age.

Like a car crash I can see but I just can't avoid.
Like a plane I've been told I never should board.
Like a film that's so bad but I've gotta stay til the end.
Let me tell you now,
It's lucky for you that we're friends.

(Pulp en Great Expectations)



Por más que pase el tiempo, esta canción, esta película y esta escena, siguen siendo mis favoritas.

Suspiro.

4 comentarios:

LuisRo (P*!!!) dijo...

I have to go... i have dinner in one hour, and i look like a mess (and the door stand open, waiting)
Buena escena negrita, muy buena escena.

David Lepe dijo...

Para mí sigue siendo una genialidad esta película, o este cuento de hadas hecho película moderna.

Allan Martínez dijo...

what's it like not to feel anything? That Bitch... Ta bueno Bueno Gwyneth... me la debés.

Juan Pablo Dardón dijo...

Una vez tuve un sueño húmedo con Jarvis Cocker, Gwyneth Paltrow y Ethan Hawke. Todo por culpa de esa película tan hermosa (que por cierto sigue perdida. Posiblemente la única rubia que me gusta. Buen video, me recuerda una tarde/noche memorable.